We get the opportunity to meet many amazing storytellers here at BookPal. Many of them are both authors and keynote speakers. To highlight the work of some of these experts in the field — from business and education to personal success and public health — we’re launching a brand new series! The Author Speaker Spotlight series features speakers that we know well and stand behind, talented authors whose books and speeches have impacted the world for the better.
Without further ado, let’s meet the very first author of our series!
Meet Seth M. Siegel: Businessman, Activist, and Writer
Seth is a man of many talents. A successful serial entrepreneur and a compelling speaker, he has penned a number of essays that have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and the Los Angeles Times. He has also produced on Broadway and served as a branding agent for a variety of celebrities and corporations. While Seth is recognized for his insights on business, politics, and cultural issues, he is perhaps most well known for his expertise on water issues. Because of his insight on the coming global water crisis, he has spoken at the United Nations, the U.S. Congress, Davos, and the Council of Foreign Relations as well as dozens of colleges and universities including Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Stanford.
Seth has inspired many to action with his literary debut, Let There Be Water, a New York Times Best Seller, now out in more than 40 countries in 14 languages. The book has been praised by political leaders and university professors alike for its wealth of information and engaging delivery. In his book, he demonstrates how a world in need of water would be wise to look to an unlikely place, a country that is 60% desert: Israel. Yet, Israel has developed such an abundance of water that every day, the country pumps water to its Palestinian and Jordan neighbors.
Let There Be Water has been a top pick by more than readers interested in current affairs or water. Not surprisingly, the book has been adopted by engineering, agricultural, environmental sciences, and public policy groups. But, Seth has seen his work impact government organizations, nonprofits, and higher education institutions the most:
• “We’ve used Seth M. Siegel to address audiences from parlor meetings to large assemblies of 800 and more. His speeches are always intelligent, moving and motivating. A real pro.”
— Jonathan Missner, American-Israel Public Affairs Committee
• “What struck me during Seth’s speech, and remains with me today, was not only his smooth and heartfelt delivery, but the unifying way he tied aspects from his personal and professional life and made it relate to what was of quintessential interest to the audience of Cornell alumni.”
— Jennifer S. Thurston, Cornell University
• “Seth M. Siegel not only brings a great wealth of knowledge and expertise, but a remarkable passion and enthusiasm for his topic. His warm, engaging and stimulating approach captivated our audience and left them yearning to hear more.”
— Rachel Wolf, American Committee for Shaare Zedek Medical Center
• “Seth M. Siegel has written a moving and inspiring book about a subject that is both universal and urgent, touching us all equally, and linked to the future of humankind… Let There Be Water is written with a passionate rhythm, without pretension or false drama. It leaves a clear message: There is no time to lose in the search for solutions that guarantee water worldwide.”
— Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia and 2016 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
• “Let There Be Water is a timely, hugely important, and highly readable book. The book, remarkably, contains important material for many academic and technical fields, including engineering, public policy, agriculture, and business. The author brings to life the nearly forgotten heroes who made Israel a major exporter of agricultural products in a region that ranges from semi-arid to desert, and who made the country fully self-sufficient in water. The rest of the world — and students everywhere — have much to learn from this book.”
―Solomon W. Golomb, Distinguished Professor of Electrical Engineering and Mathematics, University of Southern California
You can purchase Let There Be Water in bulk for your curriculum, event, or organization with BookPal. As a leading bulk bookseller, we can get you the quantity you need in a timely and efficient manner — at a great price, too! With exceptional customer service and years of experience coordinating large orders for organizations, businesses, and institutions across the country, we’re sure we can help you with your bulk book order. But don’t just take our word for it, see our customer reviews here!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to learn more about Seth’s speaking rates and programs. We’d be more than happy to help you coordinate your seminar, freshman year experience program, or public event.
This post was written by Elizabeth Lee, the marketing manager at BookPal. She is currently reading Onward by Howard Schultz and The Evil Hours by David J. Morris.