Your go-to list of Memorial Day teacher resources!
How are you teaching about Memorial Day in the classroom? BookPal has put together a guide of Memorial Day teacher resources just for educators. Here are nine noteworthy books, lesson plans and activity ideas for this holiday:
– 25 Essential Books for Memorial Day via the Los Angeles Times
– Top 10 Books for Memorial Day via Mrs. Plemons’ Kindergarten
– Books for Children About Memorial Day via About Parenting
– Memorial Day Educational Activities for Kids via 3 Boys and a Dog
– Memorial Day Lesson Ideas via the National Education Association
– Archive of Memorial Day Lesson Ideas via Education World
– Memorial Day in the Classroom: Resources for Teachers via Edutopia
– Memorial Day Activities and Lesson Plans via The Teachers Corner
– Memorial Day Videos & Activities via Teacher Vision
The value of honoring Memorial Day in the classroom:
For many students, war is an unfamiliar topic that often goes undiscussed at home. Taking the time to honor those who have fought for our country can help instill respect for the men and women who have served and continue to serve America today. Though this may be a sensitive topic for many, the impact that the military has on our country is one that should not be overlooked.
What are you doing in honor of Memorial Day? Share with us by leaving a comment below!