“I was born with a reading list I will never finish.”
There are endless reasons why reading is beneficial to you. It’s an essential part of our every day lives. We read books, newspapers, articles, and even text messages every day. Are you looking for some inspiration to pick up reading for fun? Rediscover your passion for books with these 11 quotes that will inspire you to read:
2. “Sleep is good, he said, and books are better.” — George R. R. Martin
3. “But for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short.” — Jane Austen
5. “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” —Haruki Murakami
6. “The book to read is not the one that thinks for you but the one which makes you think.” —Harper Lee
8. “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” —Mason Cooley
9. “The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of the past centuries.” —Rene Descartes
11. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” —C.S. Lewis
The more you read, the more you know. Expand your knowledge and explore your creativity with a good book today! For more quotes to inspire you to read, check out our BookPal Typography Pinterest board!
What inspires you to read?
This post was written by Linda Cheung, a social media intern at BookPal. She is currently reading The Amazing Adventures of Working Girl by Karen Burns, The Alchemist by Paul Coelho, and Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari.