At BookPal, we believe that happiness in the workplace is key to company growth and success — we even have the statistics that prove it here! In Shawn Anchor’s book from Random House, The Happiness Advantage, he proposes that happiness actually brings success despite the common notion that success brings happiness. Inspired by the message, BookPal President Tony DiCostanzo decided to challenge everyone at BookPal to a “happiness and optimism” challenge. Now, we want to extend the challenge to you so we can all experience a little more cheer at the workplace!
For the next 30 days, participants are encouraged to complete the following tasks daily:
1) Write down 3 things you are grateful for in an appreciation journal.
2) Write at least 1 paragraph capturing something from the day before that made you happy.
3) Send one person a quick message thanking them for something they did. Customer, friends, family members… you can send a message to pretty much anyone!
1) Do 1 random act of kindness a week.
2) Participate in the event conversation! Each day, BookPal will post a question, a suggestion or share something that inspires happiness.
Visit the official event page here.