The countdown for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has begun…
July 31 is a very important date in the wizarding world. Not only is this the birth date of Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling on this day, this date also marks the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the 8th installment of the epic Harry Potter series. This book is also the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on a stage! The stage performance debuts on July 30 at the Palace Theatre in London.
This two-part drama follows the lives of Harry and his family 19 years after the conclusion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. If you’re dying to read the book cover-to-cover (like me), then you might need a distraction or two.
Here are six activities to tide you over while you wait for the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child:
1. Reread the entire Harry Potter series. Throughout the days counting down to the release, you can join Scholastic and their #readthemagic campaign by sharing your favorite quotes from the book on social media! Plus, no matter how many times you read the books, they never get old.
2. Throw a Harry Potter movie marathon with your friends. Who doesn’t love a good movie marathon in the middle of summer? Gather your friends, make some popcorn, and light up that fake fireplace. Just make sure you set aside a full 19 hours and 38 minutes to watch all eight movies.
3. Host a quidditch tournament. Don’t let the wizards have all the fun. Learn how to play the muggle version here. (Quidditch IS a real sport by the way. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise!)
4. Listen to the MuggleCast podcast. Tune into the most listened-to Harry Potter podcast online. Launched in 2005, MuggleCast discusses various Harry Potter topics, from books to news and popular theories.
5. Get lost in Pottermore. True Harry Potter fans have
wasted wisely spent hours exploring Pottermore. Join the club by exploring features such as the interactive Moment Illustrations, House Cup, and Sorting Ceremony!
6. Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Now open in two U.S. locations, Orlando and Hollywood, this theme park chain will make all your magical dreams come true! Browse the shops at Hogsmeade, take a ride on the Hogwarts Express, and quench your thirst with a butterbeer at the Leaky Cauldron.
Most importantly, don’t forget to buy the book!
Whether you’re a part of a book club, studying this book with a class, or hosting a Potter-themed event, BookPal can help you buy Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II in bulk at great wholesale prices. Click here to pre-order now!
Subscribe to our blog newsletter to find out more about the best new and upcoming titles!
This post was written by Michelle Drucker, the manager of marketing at BookPal. She is currently reading Making Work Work by Shola Richards and That’s Not How We Do It Here! by John Kotter.