These best sellers are good for the spirit and the soul.
With 2015 ending in just a few days, we’re stepping back to highlight some of our most popular and best-selling titles in business, education, health, and religion. (To see all the blog posts in our “Best Of 2015” series, click here.)
From daily devotional titles to uplifting Christian lifestyle books, this year’s best sellers in the religion category encourage introspection and teach valuable life lessons. See our list of the 15 best religion books of 2015 below!
BookPal’s 15 Religion Books of 2015
1. New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
This reflective book dives into the mysticism of the soul. Learn and discover the seeds that life plants within the spirit.
2. Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For by Rick Warren
The updated version of the highly popular book by Pastor Rick Warren includes new chapters on how to overcome the things that keep people from their purpose.
3. 40 Days with Jesus: Celebrating His Presence by Sarah Young
By the author of Jesus Calling, this title is made up of devotionals that take you from Good Friday to Easter Sunday. Experience the scripture and God’s message during this 40 day journey.
4. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
Mitch Albom is one of the most recognized authors of religious fiction. His classic work follows an old man as characters from his past teach him the meaning of his life.
5. He Did This Just for You by Max Lucado
Learn (or teach) the basics of accepting Christ and understanding God’s plan.
6. Daily Chronological Bible-KJV by Broadman & Holman Publishers
This Bible uses a narrative, chronological format to make the scripture and verses easy to understand.
7. The Generosity Ladder: Your Next Step to Financial Peace by Nelson Searcy & Jennifer Dykes Henson
Understand what the Bible has to say about money and how to use it as a tool for financial success.
By reading this book you can learn about the ways that you can make a difference in your everyday life, regardless of your position or role.
9. Spiritual Authority by Watchman Nee
This book centers around the authority of God and how to obey Him.
Combat the misguided beliefs and false prophets by understanding the true Gospel that God delivered.
11. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
C.S. Lewis is one of the most prominent figures in Christian writing, and Mere Christianity is a keystone text for many Christians. Outlining the core principles that connect all Christians, Mere Christianity makes a clear and profound case for the Christian faith.
12. The Law of Rewards: Giving What You Can’t Keep to Gain What You Can’t Lose by Randy C. Alcorn
The Law of Rewards utilizes scripture to make a case for the notion of Heaven and eternal bliss. Much like hard work leads to benefits in life, so does good work on Earth lead to rewards in the afterlife.
13. Streams in the Desert: 366 Daily Devotional Readings by Jim Reimann & L.B.E. Cowman
The updated, mass market paperback version of this classic devotional is ideal for travel. Always have these daily Bible passages handy, all written in clear and easy to understand language.
14. God’s Promises for Your Every Need by A.L. Gill
Find daily inspiration direct from God’s words with this updated, 25th anniversary edition.
15. Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church by Rachel Held Evans
In a touching memoir, Rachel Held Evans shares her journey from not wanting to be a part of the Church, to finding hope within it.
You can buy these best-selling religion books, as well as other religious texts in bulk from BookPal, a leading resource for churches and religious organizations across the country.