Do you often feel the need to run or work out but lack the motivation? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. The trick is to rationalize your brain with the right reasons to run.
10 Reasons to Run Right Now by Dr. Jordan Metzl:
1. Because it feels good.
2. Because it lowers your risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer.
3. Because it relieves stress and eases depression.
4. Because running builds your fitness for hiking tough trails or playing capture the flag with your kids.
5. Because as a runner you can eat pie.
6. Because you love meeting the edge in a marathon, an ultra, or a tri and pushing past it.
7. Because it fills you with energy.
8. Because it makes you happier.
9. Because it makes you brave.
10. Because it makes you feel good about yourself.
Who is Dr. Jordan Metzl?
Dr. Metzl is not only a sports doctor and fitness instructor, he’s also a 32-time (and still counting) marathoner and 12-time Ironman triathlete. Because Metzl has personally experienced the benefits and struggles of running and he knows why and how running is good for your wellbeing. His new book, Running Strong: The Sports Doctor’s Complete Guide to Staying Healthy and Injury-Free for Life unveils personal stories, health tips and more reasons to run that will inspire new runners and professional athletes alike. Running Strong (available March 31, 2015) is an excellent book for doctor’s to give patients, a great raffle prize for health fairs and the perfect book for sports clubs and sports-oriented businesses.