At BookPal, we believe in the power of books to ignite continuous learning and growth. Three years ago, we created the Outstanding Works of Literature (OWL) Awards to recognize books that do just that.
Over the years, we’ve seen many great titles rise to the top. This year, we continue to highlight fifteen categories that reflect the diverse types of books we sell every day. The five longlisted titles in each category represent top reading recommendations for individuals and teams to inspire new ideas, expand perspectives, and fall in love with reading.
Introducing the five longlisted books in each category:
- Antiracist Baby Picture Book by Ibram X. Kendi & Ashley Lukashevsky
- I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes & Gordon C. James
- Our Favorite Day of the Year by A.E. Ali & Rahele Jomepour Bell
- Perfect Pigeons by Katherine Battersby
- The Cat Man of Aleppo by Karim Shamsi-Basha, Irene Latham, & Yuko Shimizu
- A Wealth of Pigeons by Steve Martin & Harry Bliss
- How to Astronaut by Terry Virts
- HRH by Elizabeth Holmes
- Storey’s Curious Compendium of Practical and Obscure Skills by How-To Experts at Storey Publishing
- The 99% Invisible City by Roman Mars & Kurt Kohlstedt
Sign up for our blog newsletter to find out which titles make our shortlist and which will win the OWL Award for their category!
This post was written by Megan Habel, the Brand Strategist at BookPal. She is currently reading The Future is Faster Than You Think by Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler.